Contract – Fully remote – Four day work-week – Starting early-to-mid June
The default compensation for this role is $35CAD per hour, 32 hours per week, for 14 weeks. We are open to proposals at a higher rate and/or for part-time for a longer period depending on your experience and availability.
About My Climate Plan: My Climate Plan is a start-up beneficial membership organization with members in Canada, the US and around the world working together to create climate safe communities.
Our team includes leaders from Canada, the US and India who bring decades of experience boot-strapping successful non-profits, providing executive leadership of civic engagement platforms with 100M+ active users, advancing Indigenous rights, guiding high-level government decision-making, and leading mass coalitions. The team is supported by dozens of collaborators in fields from climate impacts to AI.
We’re drawing on our experience with the best of tech platforms and beneficial membership models to a) help people understand how climate will impact them, b) make a plan to act (that bridges to existing solution providers and organizations where possible), and then c) join as members for lasting benefits, community and support in their region.
We welcome and value the contributions individuals who identify as members of equity-deserving communities bring to our organization, and encourage you to apply.
The Job: You will be part of a prototyping team working on connecting with people when they care the most – when they see climate impacts around them and in the news – and then bridging them to a life-long journey of individual and collective action.
The deep emotional hook of this work is about supporting people in the face of an overwhelming crisis, the surface level hook is about guidance in the face of uncertainty and cost savings.
We are in the testing phase of the organization – experimenting with different approaches to reach and support a broad range of people from different walks of life.
You will take the lead on content creation – from impact storytelling to the benefits of taking action to content to help sustain people through their ongoing journey. Your role will include research on climate impacts and solutions, and working directly with people to help them create climate plans in a way that will help us learn the best ways to help people at scale.
Essential + bonus qualities for this role:
- Strong writing – you will be writing stories, website and plan copy, and social posts to engage a range of audiences that you will help to define
- Bonus: graphic or video creation, social media management, digital marketing
- Passion for climate action – you will be researching climate impacts and climate solutions to inform your content in collaboration with an experienced team
- Bonus: a particular expertise in climate resilience or solutions
- Enjoy helping people – you will be a key player in workshops and 1:1 conversations to help individual people create climate plans so we can learn how to get better at supporting people at scale
- Bonus: community management or member service experience
Application timeline and process: Applications will be reviewed and considered on a rolling basis. Our goal will be to hire swiftly.
Please email a CV to email@example.com to apply with a few bullet points and/or links to highlight your relevant experience. Thank you!