Contract – Fully remote (a few hours time zone overlap with Pacific Daylight Time required) – Four day work-week
We have 25k CAD (raised from generous donors) for this part of the project. We expect 4-6 weeks of work, incorporating feedback and iteration, to deliver a compelling prototype with several user journeys. There is potential for further employment once this contract is done.
About My Climate Plan: My Climate Plan is a start-up beneficial membership organization with members in Canada, the US and around the world working together to create climate safe communities.
Our team includes leaders from Canada, the US and India who bring decades of experience in boot-strapping successful start-ups, executive leadership of civic engagement platforms with 100M+ active users, advancing Indigenous rights, high-level government decision-making, and mass coalition leadership. The team is supported by dozens of collaborators in fields from climate impacts to AI.
We welcome and value the contributions individuals who identify as members of equity-deserving communities bring to our organization, and encourage you to apply.
Our Goal: Everyone deserves to live in a climate safe community. We have seen the power of connecting with people when they care the most – when they see climate impacts around them and in the news – and then helping them on a life-long journey of individual and collective action for climate safe communities.
For this part of the project, you will be part of a team prototyping a fresh approach to help people understand the climate impacts they face, make personal plans that connect to solutions and organizations in their communities, and get ongoing support, advocacy and benefits to act.
We are in the testing phase of the organization – experimenting with different approaches to reach and support a broad range of people from different walks of life.
The Job: You will take the lead on prototype development – creating a light-weight prototype of the digital experience that is optimized for testing content and sharing options. Your prototype could be as simple as a Typeform embedded in WordPress with Airtable and CRM integrations. We look forward to discussing your thoughts on the best way to approach this problem.
We have an additional $5k budgeted in reserve for this project that could go to UX, database or other work that you’d need to support you. So, depending on the specific skill set you bring, we can work together to create a strong team around this project.
Proposed user journey for the prototype:
- The user is able to select their region to discover the top climate impacts and benefits for action
- The user is prompted to answer a few questions, like whether they rent or own their household
- The user is presented with a set of high level options for making a climate plan that has some personalisation based on their region and input
- The user is able to select options within those high level categories to make a plan that has links to external resources (bonus: if they can come back and edit it within the scope of this project)
- The user is able to share an invitation to their friends or neighbours to check out My Climate Plan and be connected in their efforts to help make the region climate safe
- The user can opt-in to email follow-up with the plan as a whole and the specific actions they’ve chosen
The essential quality for this role is that you have some experience with developing light-weight prototypes. Ideally, you have a mix of coding and UX skills, and enjoy working with feedback and iterating.
How to apply: Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis, with the goal of hiring swiftly. Please email a CV to email@example.com to apply with a few bullet points and/or links to highlight your relevant experience (Github, etc.). Thank you!